Direct service to homeless women
- Provide crisis intervention and advocacy to women in a harm reduction program.
- Coordinate with other social service agency workers (case managers, social workers, medical professionals) to provide for clients’ immediate needs.
- Model interpersonal and living skills for clients.
- Enforce building and program rules including bar policy.
- Maintain a safe and comfortable shelter environment, including physical set-up and light janitorial duties, when necessary.
- Work as a team with other colleagues on shift and be able to work independently without direct supervision.
Client intake, assessment and advocacy
- Register new clients including evaluation and assessment of client needs.
- Review and record in log book to ensure program consistency.
- Maintain client records, updating information on an ongoing basis.
- Explain and enforce Bakhita Gardens policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate client count throughout shifts.
- Determine appropriate shelter placement for each client; based on history of abuse, psychological and physical state and language barriers, if any.
- Engage outside professionals (Mental Health Professionals, Medics, Police) when appropriate.
- Manage front desk and building security, including welcoming clients, visitors and donors, monitoring security cameras and lobby, enforcing building and program rules, and sanitizing client belongings.
- Process mail and messages and maintain accurate client tracking records, including the bar list.
- Answer phones and provide information to callers about Noel House Programs, Rose of Lima House, and local resources.
Supervision of volunteers
- Supervise volunteers on shift.
- Work with off-site volunteers providing advice and support as needed.
Administrative and General Responsibilities
- Attend staff meetings, workshops, retreats, and in-service classes as provided.
- Maintain accurate record of hours worked and turn in timesheets on schedule.
- Contribute to and support a positive, team-oriented work environment; participate with other staff members in group decision-making process.
- Maintain cleanliness and order at front desk and lobby area.
- Inform supervisors of facilities and client-related issues.
Perform other job-related duties as assigned