$15.45 - $16.22 per Hour DOE
Temporary - 30 Hours - Position includes Medical after 2 months
The Senior Nutrition Program provides hot meals for seniors aged 60 and over at 17 different Pierce County sites and 12 King County sites. Senior Nutrition also provides Home Delivered frozen meals to home bound seniors within Pierce County and Lewis County
Under the supervision of the Senior Nutrition Program Assistant Manager, the Meal Site Coordinator/Cook is responsible for overseeing all activities related to meal service including food preparation, cooking, clean up, coordination of supportive services and record keeping. Position provides nutritious lunchtime meal to senior participants at the meal site. This is a Part Time position 30 hours a week at the Auburn meal site.
• Review food and supply deliveries and manage inventory.
• Oversee meal deliveries.
• Account for and deposit monetary donations and fees
• Prepare, cook, and oversee food preparation and serving.
• Work cooperatively with other programs as assigned.
• Retain, and manage volunteers.
• Complete all reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Inventory control.
• Attend mandatory monthly meal site Coordinator/Cook meetings.
• Other duties as may reasonably be assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Previous food service/cooking experience.
• Knowledge of safe food handling practices required.
• Maintain valid food handles permit.
• Ability to prepare nutritious appetizing meals required.
• Ability to plan, coordinate and cooperate with others.
• Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Reliable transportation.
• Needs to provide a valid driver’s license and car insurance
• Ability to pass required background checks
• Ability to work and communicate as part of a team
• Ability to represent Catholic Community Services in a positive and professional manner.
• Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations.
• All employees working in CCS have the responsibility for developing and
safekeeping a workplace which values and supports a culturally diverse work
environment. Employees’ treatment of each other, their willingness to try new
ways and ideas—all these things contribute greatly to the organization’s success
in providing an open, culturally-enriched and diverse workplace.
Note to Internal Candidates: HR reviews internal compensation and determines increase based on their experience and also agency internal equity factors.
Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please let us know if you need special accommodations to apply or interview for this position.
If you have any questions regarding this employment opportunity, please contact
Human Resources Department
1323 South Yakima Ave
Tacoma, WA 98405
Kim Marsh 253-502-2711