MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain maintenance management records, including all inventory, work order, inspection, and preventative maintenance records to CCS standards.
- Maintain strong communication with the Program Director about issues of maintenance, cleanliness and building security, and assist the Program Director in developing long term preventative and maintenance plans.
- Work closely with the building owner’s maintenance staff to address larger maintenance needs as they arise.
- Schedule and coordinate outside maintenance vendors as needed.
- Maintain and manage janitorial team schedules.
- Complete performance evaluations of staff; set performance goals, and keep staff fully informed of expectations.
- Contribute and participate as a team member to troubleshoot problems as they arise and suggest/initiate procedural changes as needed.
- Oversee work assigned to janitorial staff to ensure completeness and quality of work performed.
- Oversee work order system in coordination with Program Director
- Periodically inspect work completed in units and building common areas, working with janitorial staff to ensure high quality work and tight cost control.
- Respond to after-hours maintenance emergencies.
- Working with the Business Manager, coordinate bids from independent contractors when appropriate, overseeing their work and delivery of services.
- Maintain janitorial and maintenance supplies. Communicate with the Business Manager to order needed supplies and materials.
- Perform a variety of minor maintenance tasks, applying plumbing, basic electrical and general carpentry skills.
- Ensure all needed repairs are addressed by assessing the damage and needs, and determining whether responsibility of the repair lies with the building owner’s maintenance team or CCS’s. Communicate to the Business Coordinator to schedule maintenance needs that are the responsibility of the building owner.
- Understand the functions of the fire control, security systems, plumbing, electrical and other facility related systems within the building.
- Maintain maintenance records all required inspections of building systems and safety equipment.
- Ensure daily work orders are attended to and records kept.
- Respond to emergencies in the building, and be on-call after hours/weekends for emergency maintenance needs that cannot be addressed by on-site resident manager.
- Other duties as assigned
- Observe/follow guidelines on confidentiality rights of residents and respect their privacy.
- Provide crisis intervention, and refer participants in crisis to appropriate staff on site.
- Assist staff members in floor checks as needed.
- Model interpersonal and living skills for clients.
- Enforce building and program rules including bar policy.
This position requires the employee to work in an environment where there may be exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and other potentially infectious material. Other exposures could include cleaning supplies, chemicals involved in pest control, paint and other materials used in building maintenance, building temperature fluctuations, dust, noise, and odors.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ACUITY DEMANDS:
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to understand custodial and maintenance manuals and apply the concepts.
- Ability to assess maintenance emergencies and make judgments about appropriate immediate and longer-term responses.
- Ability to observe safety rules.
- Ability to climb ladders and work in high places.
- Ability to walk, kneel, climb, stand, crouch, stoop, reach, push, pull and other related activities associated with maintenance work.
- Ability to lift loads not normally exceeding 50 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 100 pounds together with a team member.
- Ability to handwrite legibly.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and to plan, schedule and follow-through on projects.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Manual dexterity to handle tools, make small adjustments, etc.