Senior Footcare Aide - Regular Part Time
$16.23 - $17.21 Per Hour DOE
The Footcare Program provides footcare services to those 60 years of age and older. Individuals are charged according to a sliding scale fee. Services are provided by qualified CNA’s.
In the absence of the Senior Foot Care Program Supervisor, Senior Footcare Aide will assist in the Senior Foot Care Program by performing a variety of clinical, reception and clerical duties; and to perform related duties as required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with set up of Footcare Clinic site; record patient information, including chief complaint.
• Record information for registration, letters, medical reports, inter-clinic communication; files, charts reports and format charts.
• Use standard foot care clinical equipment, i.e. clippers, pumice stone, foot soak, etc., perform standard back office procedures, i.e. cold sterilization.
• Schedule appointments; greet and reassure patients.
• Register and log patients appropriately; initiate personal information form.
• Assist with patient accounts, including bookkeeping and record audits; perform face-to-face fee collection and record; give service and resource information.
• Clean and maintain front desk area and exam rooms.
• Use standard office equipment; computer
• All employees working in CCS have the responsibility for developing and safekeeping a workplace which values and supports a culturally divers work environment. Employees’ treatment of each other, their willingness to try new ways and ideas – all these things contribute greatly to the organization’s success in providing an open, culturally enriched and diverse workplace.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Senior Footcare Program Supervisor.
• Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person. Able to respond to verbal questions.
• Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly to patients in person.
• Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
• Other: Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds unassisted, including assisting patients when required. Adequate physical ability including sufficient manual dexterity to perform the requisite health care services. Requires frequent bending, reaching, repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting. Some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout regular work shift. There is potential for exposure to communicable diseases and/or bloodborne pathogens
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Graduation from an accredited, state approved Nursing Assistant Program.
• Current Washington State CNA license.
• At least 1 year of experience working with geriatric and/or multicultural clients.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Computer literacy
• Excellent Customer Service skills
• Valid and current Washington State Drivers License and Automobile insurance.
• Ability to pass background check prior to an offer of employment.
• All employees working in CCS have the responsibility for developing and safekeeping a workplace which values and supports a culturally diverse work environment. Employees’ treatment of each other, their willingness to try new ways and ideas – all these things contribute greatly to the organization’s success in providing an open, culturally enriched and diverse workplace.
• Desire to work with a diverse population and demonstrated commitment to CCSWW values
• Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services.
• Demonstrate the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situation.
• Experience working/participating as a team member; operates with collaborative style.
• Foot Care experience preferred
• Knowledge of geriatrics
• Attend required staff meetings.
• Participate in quality improvement projects as assigned.
• Work as an effective team member with other staff for continuity and efficient quality care.
• Requires adherence to all policies, standards and procedures of the agency.
Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please let us know if you need special accommodations to apply or interview for this position.
Note to Internal Candidates: HR reviews internal compensation and determines increase based on their experience and also agency internal equity factors.