Cooks - All Pierce County Locations
$16.80 - $17.81 per Hour DOE
The Senior Nutrition Program provides hot meals for seniors aged 60 and over at 17 different Pierce County sites and 12 King County sites. Senior Nutrition also provides Home Delivered frozen meals to home bound seniors within Pierce County and Lewis County.
In the absence of the Cook and under the supervision of the Assistant Program Manager, the Part Time Cook is responsible for participating and overseeing all activities related to meal service including coordination of supportive services and record keeping. Position provides nutritious lunchtime meal to senior participants at the meal site.
• Review daily food and supply delivery
• Prepare, cook, and oversee food preparation and serving.
• Manage volunteers
• Account for and deposit monetary donations and fees
• Work cooperatively with other programs as assigned.
• Complete daily reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Attend mandatory monthly Cook meetings.
• Other duties as may reasonably be assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Previous food service/cooking experience.
• Knowledge of safe food handling practices required.
• Maintain valid food handles permit.
• Ability to prepare nutritious appetizing meals required.
• Ability to plan, coordinate and cooperate with others.
• Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Reliable transportation.
• Needs to provide a valid driver’s license and car insurance
• Ability to pass required background checks
• Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services
• Support and contribute to a creative, collaborative and respectful environment that promotes teamwork
• Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations