$15.50/Hr - $18.00/Hr DOE & Certification
Regular Part-Time/Full Time positions DOE
Home Care Assistants for Long Term Care Bremerton office
We believe the elderly should be able to live in security and dignity. Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services provide a variety of services to seniors and to people with disabilities that dignifies each individual while providing the needed tools to help extend independent living and promote physical and mental well-being.
As our senior population continues to grow, we are constantly looking for new ways to provide solutions to a variety of care challenges and opportunities. Historically, CCS has provided home care services that enable seniors and people with disabilities to remain in their own homes. In addition, we provide this to people with low or no income, as well as to people who are able to pay for the service.
Non-medical in-home care for the elderly and disabled.
• Household care to maintain normal standards of health and cleanliness.
• Cooking, feeding meals and cleaning up (may include special diet).
• Performing essential errands and shopping; clients are limited to one trip per week, sixty miles per month.
• Transporting and accompanying clients to medical services when client does not have personal transportation or is unable to go alone.
• Assisting clients with bathing, dressing and personal care, (hair, teeth, dentures, shaving and filing of nails).
• Remind clients to take self-administered medication.
• Assisting clients in and out of bed or wheelchair by providing support, steadying and supervision.
• Complete and submit all required reports and documentation, (i.e. Time/Mileage Reports, Leave slip and Client Logs).
• Reading and complying with all instructions contained in the Home Care Assistant Orientation Material and Personnel Policy Manual.
• Immediately report all accidents, incidents, and changes in the clients’ health or condition to a Home Care or Private Pay Supervisor.
• Support and value a culturally diverse work environment.
• Must be able to work as part of a team.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Minimum of one year paid or unpaid experience in household management.
• Must be able to communicate well.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must be physically able to perform required tasks
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s License and automobile insurance.
Note to Internal Candidates: HR reviews internal compensation and determines increase based on their experience and also agency internal equity factors.
Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please let us know if you need special accommodations to apply or interview for this position.