- Remove garbage and recycling from garbage rooms, common areas, and offices.
- Clean and restock common bathrooms according to building standards
- Clean common rooms, including community and kitchen areas.
- Vacuum, dust, and clean common area floors, walls and furniture according to schedule.
- Respond to emergency cleaning needs.
- Track inventory of supplies. Prepare supply orders.
- Prepare cleaning solutions according to manufacturers’ directions.
- Change light bulbs and fluorescent tubes as needed.
- Prepare vacated apartments for renting or assist transfers
- Other duties as assigned and which assure clean and sanitary conditions.
- Observe/follow guidelines on Confidentiality rights of residents and respect their privacy.
- Alert management staff to issues/concerns regarding building or resident observed in the course of performing duties
- Become familiar with landlord/tenant law and actions that are permissible for landlords.
- Maintain cooperative relationship with residence/businesses in surrounding neighborhood.
- Contribute to the mission of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services.
- Contribute to and support a positive, team-oriented work environment.
- Able to observe safety rules.
- Able to climb ladders and work in high places.
- Able to walk, kneel, climb, stand, crouch, stoop, reach, pull, and other related activities associated with janitorial work.
- Able to regularly lift and carry up to 20 pounds and occasionally 40 pounds.
- Able to occasionally lift up to 100 pounds together with a team member.
- Able to hand write legibly.
- Able to work independently and as a team member.
- Able to perform tasks requirement manual dexterity.
- Regularly able to perform duties assigned.
This position requires the employee to work in an environment where there may be exposure to blood, bodily fluid, and other potentially infectious material. Other exposures could include cleaning supplies, chemicals, involved in pest control, paint and other materials used in building temperature fluctuations, dust, noise, and odors.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ACUITY DEMANDS:
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to walk to understand and apply custodial instructions/manuals.
- Able to see well enough to identify cleaning needs and complete to acceptable standards.