On Call Relief Cook - Lakewood
$16.80 - $17.81 per Hour DOE
Monday & Wednesday set days, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday on call relief
The Senior Nutrition Program provides hot meals for seniors aged 60 and over at meal sites throughout Pierce and King counties. Senior Nutrition also provides Home Delivered frozen meals to home bound seniors within Pierce County and Lewis County.
Position is responsible for overseeing all activities related to meal services including meal preparation and record keeping. Position provides a nutritious lunch time meal to senior participants at meal site throughout Pierce and King counties.
• Review daily food and supply delivery
• Prepare, cook, and oversee food preparation and serving.
• Manage volunteers
• Account for and deposit monetary donations and fees
• Work cooperatively with other programs as assigned.
• Complete daily reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Attend mandatory monthly Cook meetings.
• Other duties as may reasonably be assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Previous food service/cooking experience.
• Knowledge of safe food handling practices required.
• Maintain valid food handles permit.
• Ability to prepare nutritious appetizing meals required.
• Ability to plan, coordinate and cooperate with others.
• Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Reliable transportation.
• Needs to provide a valid driver’s license and car insurance
• Ability to pass required background checks
• Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services
• Support and contribute to a creative, collaborative and respectful environment that promotes teamwork
• Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations
Note to Internal Candidates: HR reviews internal compensation and determines increase based on their experience and also agency internal equity factors.
Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please let us know if you need special accommodations to apply or interview for this position.