On Call Relief Driver - Home Delivered Meals
Senior Nutrition Program - Pierce County
$16.80 - $17.81 per hour DOE
The Senior Nutrition Program is designed to help increase the nutrient intake of older individuals who might not eat adequately, and, through better nutrition, assist them to remain healthy and independent in their communities. This program consists of two meal programs. Home Delivered Meals is one of programs provided.
In the absence of the regular HDM Driver, the On Call HDM Driver provides delivery of food and related services items to homebound seniors. The On Call HDM Driver will start their day in the Lakewood office and deliver to clients in the Pierce county and may sometimes deliver to clients in Lewis county area.
• Delivery of meals to homebound clients.
• Distribute menus, newsletters, surveys and Senior Scene newspapers.
• Check on welfare of client, report any discrepancies to HDMPC.
• Accept monetary donations, give receipts to client and return funds to the office.
• Vehicle maintenance and safety checks.
• Work cooperatively with other programs as assigned.
• Complete all reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Other duties as may reasonably be assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Knowledge of safe food handling practices required.
• Maintain valid food handlers permit.
• Ability to lift 25-50 Pounds.
• Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work well within a team structure developing and maintaining productive, collaborative relationships with staff as well as clients, customers and vendors.
• Ability to communicate clearly and responsibly with staff as well as clients, customers and vendors.
• Reliable transportation.
• Valid Driver’s License and car insurance.
• One year experience driving within a delivery system with no moving violations for the past three years.
• General geographical knowledge of Pierce County.
• Demonstrated ability to read and follow a standard road map.
• Skilled at driving one quarter ton or larger van.
• Ability to pass background check prior to an offer of employment.
• Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services
• Support and contribute to a creative, collaborative and respectful environment that promotes teamwork
• Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations.
Note to Internal Candidates: HR reviews internal compensation and determines increase based on their experience and also agency internal equity factors.
Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please let us know if you need special accommodations to apply or interview for this position.