Administer Volunteer Services Program
- Provide leadership in program/service coordination and management.
- Responsible for fulfilling contract requirements for grant awards.
- Strategically plan and evaluate for program quality/services, maintenance and growth.
- Attend Program Leadership and supervisory meetings as directed.
- Participate in state-wide VS Program Manager meetings and annual meeting.
- Develop and implement program evaluation and quality improvement processes.
Volunteer Management Oversight
- Set volunteer recruiting goals to meet chore and transportation needs.
- Identify and direct recruitment of community volunteers in a variety of roles: office, chore support, skilled volunteers, volunteer drivers, and volunteer leaders.
- Work with staff on retention and recognition for program volunteers.
- Assess volunteer training needs and provide training opportunities as needed or available.
- Maintain procedures for intake, waiting period, priority criteria and assignment of volunteers.
- Oversee intake process to assure timely response to service requests.
Community Relations and Outreach
- Provide leadership and coordination between VS partner agencies to collaborate in meeting the needs of older adults.
- Participate in local human services and volunteer management groups.
- Facilitate and direct staff in maintaining partnerships with local faith communities, service organizations, businesses, city government and schools to build partnerships and opportunities for collaboration.
- Represent the program and agency through presentations, community forums and advocacy efforts.
Staff Leadership and Supervision
- Responsible for hiring, training, and supervision of staff.
- Provide ongoing supervision, coaching and timely feedback to staff.
- Offer clear direction and support, including current job descriptions and annual performance reviews.
- Provide leadership to ensure staff fulfills s job expectations and experiences professional job growth.
Budget and Contract Management
- Manage and fulfill the program’s obligations under all contracts including monthly/quarterly/annual reporting and invoicing.
- Monitor program expenditures according to program budget and guidelines.
- Responsible for grant writing for cities, WSDOT, Rice Bowl and foundations matched with program.
- Assure that records are properly maintained for accounting and audit purposes.
- Maintain positive working relationships with staff, collaborative members, and community partners.
- Maintain accurate record of hours worked and turn in timesheets on schedule.
- Attend trainings required of employees as scheduled.
- Participate as team member in staff and supervisory meetings as required.
- Contribute to and support a positive, team-oriented, culturally-diverse work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.