The Aloha Inn is a 24/7 enhanced shelter and related services for adults experiencing homelessness. Many clients have behavioral health issues, active addiction issues and/or trauma. This is a low barrier, harm reduction program. Janitorial staff are responsible for maintaining the overall cleanliness of the facility, assisting with light maintenance issues, and fostering a team environment among shelter staff and volunteers.
Status: FT, 37.5 hours/week. Sunday – Thursday
Starting Salary/Hourly Rate: Salary is DOE. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits and generous paid leave.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform routine scheduled cleaning duties: sweep, mop, and wash walls. Clean bathrooms, food serving area, and other common areas to building standards.
2. Restock soap, paper towel dispensers and other supplies. Assist with communicating inventory needs.
3. Pack, label, and store previous client belongings.
4. Prepare vacant rooms for use including packing up items and thorough cleaning according to prescribed procedures.
5. Maintain clean exterior of building.
6. Remove garbage and recycling from building following all safe trash removal protocol. Wash trash cans.
7. Regularly lift and carry supplies, donations, furnishings, etc.
8. Assist Advocacy staff members in floor checks and unit inspections as needed.
9. Assist Advocate and Case management staff in ensuring occupied units meet health and quality standards. As identified, participate in joint clean up and/or hoarding safety efforts.
10. Enforce building and program rules including bar policy.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
This position requires the employee to work in an environment where there may be exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and other potentially infectious material. Other exposures could include cleaning supplies, chemicals involved in pest control, paint and other materials used in building maintenance, building temperature fluctuations, dust, noise, and odors. Other working conditions may include working alone, and interactions with individuals who are angry and/or dealing with substance abuse or mental health issues.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ACUITY REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be regularly met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (Qualifications which applicants must possess to be considered for the position).