Cook I - Senior Nutrition Program - Bellevue
Regular Part Time - Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
$17.99 - $19.07 per Hour DOE
The Senior Nutrition Program provides hot meals for seniors aged 60 at all 12 King County sites.
Senior Nutrition also provides Home Delivered frozen meals to home bound seniors within Pierce County and Lewis County.
Under the supervision of the Senior Nutrition Program Assistant Manager, the Meal Site Coordinator/Cook is responsible for overseeing all activities related to meal service including food preparation, cooking, clean up, coordination of supportive services and record keeping. Position provides nutritious lunchtime meal to senior participants at the meal site.
• Review food and supply deliveries and manage inventory.
• Oversee meal deliveries.
• Account for and deposit monetary donations and fees
• Prepare, cook, and oversee food preparation and serving.
• Work cooperatively with other programs as assigned.
• Serve as RSVP volunteer stations manager.
• Recruit, retain, and manage volunteers.
• Complete all reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Inventory control.
• Attend mandatory monthly meal site Coordinator/Cook meetings.
• Other duties as may reasonably be assigned.
• Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services
• Support and contribute to a creative, collaborative and respectful environment that promotes teamwork
• Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Previous food service/cooking experience.
• Knowledge of safe food handling practices required.
• Maintain valid food handles permit.
• Ability to prepare nutritious appetizing meals required.
• Ability to plan, coordinate and cooperate with others.
• Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Reliable transportation.
• Needs to provide a valid driver’s license and car insurance
• Ability to pass required background checks
Note to Internal Candidates: HR reviews internal compensation and determines increase based on their experience and also agency internal equity factors.
Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer