Delivery Driver - Home Delivered Meals
Regular Part Time
$17.14 - $18.16 per Hour
The Senior Nutrition Program provides hot meals for seniors aged 60 and over at 17 different Pierce County sites and 12 King County sites. Senior Nutrition also provides Home Delivered frozen meals to home bound seniors within Pierce County and Lewis County.
This position is responsible for overseeing all activities related to distribution and delivery to senior meal sites including coordination of food delivery supportive services and record keeping.
In the absence of the Home Delivered Meal Program Driver this position provides delivery of food and related services items to homebound seniors. In the absence of other Meal Site Drivers this position will provide delivery of food and related items to meal sites.
Delivery to meal sites.
• Pack meals and related supplies in preparation for transport and delivery to meals sites.
• Confirm delivery request with Congregate Meal site Coordinators as needed.
• Measure and record food temperatures prior to loading in delivery vehicle.
• Measure and record food temperatures upon delivery to meal site.
• Ensure food is placed in appropriate storage at meal site upon delivery.
• Pickup and deliver correspondence to and from the meal site.
Vehicle maintenance and safety checks.
• Perform van packing, equipment cleaning and sanitation procedures.
• Perform daily safety checks, record and report any concerns to the Fleet/Facilities Coordinator.
• Follow regular schedule of van maintenance and report concerns to Fleet/Facilities Coordinator.
• Attend Regular Staff Meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• To Include: special annual deliveries of fresh produce and/or emergency meals delivered to Meal sites and homebound clients as designated.
• Do dishes and laundry as needed.
• Receive and store food deliveries properly
• Ensure proper cleaning and sanitizing of distribution center
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Knowledge of safe food handling practices is required.
• Obtain and maintain a valid food handler’s permit within two weeks of hire.
• Ability to prepare nutritious meals.
• Ability to plan, coordinate and cooperate with others.
• Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to be flexible, meet deadlines and work effectively under stress.
• Ability to work well within a team structure developing and maintaining productive, collaborative relationships with staffs as well as clients, customers and vendors.
• Valid WA state driver’s License and auto insurance maintained.
• Reliable transportation.
• One year experience driving with in a delivery system with no moving violations for 3 years.
• General geographical knowledge of Pierce County and King county.
• Demonstrated ability to read and follow a standard road map and recipe.
• Skilled at driving a one quarter ton or larger van.
• All employees working in CCS have the responsibility for developing and safekeeping a workplace which values and supports a culturally diverse work environment. Employees’ treatment of each other, their willingness to try new ways and ideas – all these things contribute greatly to the organization’s success in providing an open, culturally enriched and diverse workplace.
• Desire to work with a diverse population and demonstrated commitment to CCSWW values
• Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services.
• Demonstrate the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situation.
• Experience working/participating as a team member; operates with collaborative style.
Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer