MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Provide case management for residents of the Greenwood Apartment. The case load is 60 people, shared with one other Case Manager. Case management activities include: assess client needs, housing retention services, referrals to community providers, mediation with building staff and goal planning.
- Maintain excellent electronic records on each current tenant and former tenant to include input into the HMIS system, case notes, and CCS required documentation.
- Work with the management and service staff of the Greenwood Apartments to advocate for tenants.
- Provide follow up services to tenants who exit the program.
- Coordinate services of visiting professionals, including medical personnel, mental health counselors, chemical dependency counselors, and chore workers.
- Collect, organize and make available to residents current information about resources in various areas, including income, health care, employment, transportation, documentation, and support services.
- Promote and educate local community college staff about this housing opportunity for students they identify as experiencing homelessness.
- Take the lead to intervene in resident crises (medical/mental health/interpersonal) and collaborate with other staff to maintain safety and well-being of residents.
- Seek team consultation on a regular basis to ensure quality of care for residents.
- Coordinate and participate in care conferences between the resident, the Greenwood Apartment team, college representatives and/or applicable outside agencies.
- Coordinate with local community college staff to insure people referred by them meet eligibility requirements of the Greenwood Apartments. If eligible, assist applicants as they work with Greenwood Apartment management to meet requirements and obtain a lease.
other General Responsibilities:
- Represent Catholic Community Services at appropriate community and provider forums as requested.
- In collaboration with Greenwood Apartment management team coordinate regular unit inspections, pest control inspections and assist in ongoing unit turnovers.
- Enforce program policies and guidelines.
- Cultivate and support a positive team-oriented work environment by responding to all emails, assisting team members and communicating clearly any information that may be beneficial for the management team to know.
- Observe/follow guidelines on confidentiality rights of residents and respect their privacy.
- Maintain accurate record of hours worked and turn in timesheets and mileage reimbursement on schedule.
- Attend trainings required of employees and staff and supervisory meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with residents/businesses in surrounding neighborhood.
- Contribute to the mission of Catholic Community Services.
- Contribute to and support a positive, team-oriented work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
This position requires the employee to work in an environment where there may be exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and other potentially infectious material. Other exposures could include cleaning supplies, chemicals involved in pest control, paint and other materials used in building maintenance, building temperature fluctuations, dust, noise, and odors.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ACUITY REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks, and to work independently and as a team member.
- Able to understand and observe safety rules.
- Able to hear telephone rings, face-to-face and phone conversation, door bells, and emergency alarms.
- Able to speak clearly in person and on the telephone.
- Able to hand write legibly.
- Able to read normal size print and handwritten log entries.
- Able to sit for sustained periods of time.
- Mobility/dexterity of hands/arms to enable keying into a unit or other locked area as well as using office equipment.
- Regularly able to perform duties as assigned.
- Able to make independent decisions and apply sound judgment in performing job duties.