MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Provide oversight for the daily operations of SKC shelters as well as Severe Weather Kent, Renton, Burien and Federal Way Shelter Programs that operate nightly from 8:30pm to 7am. The Shelter Supervisor will be regularly visiting shelter site.
- Supervise Lead Site Manager, 7 full-time site managers and 7 on call site managers.
- Work closely with case management team to identify needs for shelter participants Monitor the daily workings of the shelter and report to supervisor on a regular basis.
- Create the schedule for all shelter locations.
- Ensure safety and clean-up of the church facility through supervision of site-managers.
- Communicate regularly with staff to ensure coverage of shifts, discuss challenges, and create solutions.
- Provide oversight of procedures and shelter policies by establishing and maintaining procedures (e.g. greeting and sign-in of clients, explanation of shelter rules, collecting and storing client belongings and program supplies.) Read and oversees the daily log of shelter activities.
- Pick up and deliver supplies to shelter sites.
- Monitor client behavior and make decisions nightly regarding client stays based on adherence to shelter guidelines.
- Respond to emergency situations according to agency policy and notifies supervisor.
Responsible for recruiting and maintaining a high quality staff. This includes supervising, training, professional development, and support of shelter site manager and on call staff.
- Lead process for screening candidates, checking references and coordinating interviews.
- Monitor the quality of services provided by program staff.
- Ensure staff is adhering to job descriptions, program guidelines, and agency policies.
- Meet regularly with staff individually and as a team to address needs and for development.
- Responsible for completing regular shelter site manager staff performance reviews.
- Responsible for staff schedules and ensuring all shifts are covered. Available to cover shifts when no other staff is able to.
Provide screening, intake, and collaborate with case management for shelter clients.
- Conduct initial assessments of individuals seeking shelter.
- Using program guidelines, complete intakes of clients based on eligibility.
- Treat program participants in a culturally sensitive manner and actively seek to become informed on issues where culturally-determined perceptions might be different.
- In collaboration with the case managers, provide referrals and advocate for clients with other social service agencies, hospitals, mental health agencies, and treatment centers.
- In coordination with Program Manager, to oversee administration of an annual survey of program participants, staff, and volunteers to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Develop/manage collection system for weekly participant information including attendance/bed nights and behavior.
- In coordination with Program Manager, determine implications of data for use in making program adjustments and improvements.
Maintain electronic log and client records according to Quality Assurance standards.
- Maintain files and ensure all necessary documentation is included.
- Enter client data and case notes into agency database and keep updated and accurate.
- Ensure files are in compliance with agency and contract requirements.
Work with church volunteers for SKC shelter Severe Weather shelter(s).
- Coordinate with volunteers regarding the specific needs of the shelter, including key exchange, trailer moves, meal arrangements, and donations.
- Interact with volunteers, explaining the program and answering questions.
- Maintain good relations with church volunteers from the host and supporting churches.
- Attend SKC shelters, Severe Weather Shelter site committee, board, and operational, and oversight meetings.
Provide community outreach and public relations as it relates specifically to programs.
- Attend community meetings, workshops, and committees as needed and approved by Program Manager.
- Work with community members in connecting and maintaining relationships that benefits the programs and clients that are served.
- Present program information to the community as appropriate.
- Give presentations to educate and procure donations.
- Assist with implementation of SKC Shelter Services marketing and public relations strategies to raise program awareness.
Promote the agency commitment to a diverse workplace.
- Assure that staff and clients are treated equally and in a culturally sensitive manner.