MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervision of the Advocate Staff
- Hire, train and evaluate Advocate staff.
- Complete staffing schedule for Advocates to ensure at least two people are scheduled at all times. The schedule must be completed in a consistent timeframe each week.
- Provide coverage when someone is sick or has other emergencies to ensure minimum staffing is always maintained.
- Ensure Advocate staff are maintaining client records in database and electronic log.
- Participate in Management on-call rotation. Provide leadership and direction in resolving all client issues and crisis intervention as needed. Provide direction and support to staff by responding to an emergency after hours coverage; including on-site coverage when appropriate, ensuring minimum 24/7 staffing levels are always met.
Direct service to people who are homeless
- Provide crisis intervention and advocacy to participants.
- Coordinate with other social service agency workers (case managers, social workers, medical professionals) to provide for clients’ immediate needs.
- Model interpersonal and living skills for clients.
- Enforce building and program rules including bar policy.
- Maintain a safe and comfortable enhanced shelter environment, including removal of garbage from individual units when necessary, routine garbage removal from the common areas and other janitorial assistance as assigned.
- Assist janitorial and maintenance staff on turning cubicles/pallet shelters.
- Work as a team with other colleagues on shift and be able to work independently without direct supervision.
Client intake, assessment, and advocacy
- Register new clients including evaluation and assessment of client needs.
- Review and record notes and information in HMIS, ShiftNote and other databases that are relevant to other staff members and/or help ensure program consistency.
- Maintain client records, updating information on an ongoing basis.
- Explain and enforce policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate client count throughout shifts.
- Complete frequent scheduled floor checks throughout shifts.
- Engage outside professionals (Mental Health Professionals, Medics, Police) when appropriate.
- Manage front desk and building security, including welcoming clients, visitors and donors, monitoring security cameras and lobby, enforcing building and program rules, and sanitizing client belongings.
- Perform a routine walkthrough of the entire campus/ all buildings, to engage with clients and ensure safety.
- Process messages and maintain accurate client tracking records, including the bar list.
- Answer phones and provide information to callers about Junction Point Shelter program.
- Assist outside vendor with serving meals that are prepared off-site and delivered to the building.
- Assist participants as they move into or out of the building as needed.
Supervision of volunteers
- Supervise volunteers on shift.
- Work with off-site volunteers providing advice and support as needed.
Administrative and General Responsibilities
- Attend staff meetings, workshops, retreats, and in-service classes as provided.
- Maintain accurate record of hours worked and turn in timesheets on schedule.
- Contribute to and support a positive, team-oriented work environment; participate with other staff members in group decision-making process.
- Assist with client and program laundry as needed
- Maintain cleanliness and order at the front desk and lobby area.
- Inform supervisors of facilities and client-related issues.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
This position requires the employee to work in an environment where there may be exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and other potentially infectious material. Other exposures could include cleaning supplies, chemicals involved in pest control, paint and other materials used in building maintenance. Working conditions may include interruptions, interactions with angry persons, and exposure to computer CRTs.