Job Evaluation Process
- Ensures the consistent and effective implementation of the Job Evaluation Process for all graded positions within CCS and CHS. Incumbent is responsible to:
- Oversee and maintain the validity and fidelity of the job evaluation process and internal leveling of all jobs within the organization by convening and facilitating the job evaluation process with HR staff and providing ongoing training to all staff involved the job evaluation process.
- Administer and maintain CCS/CHS’ multi-layered compensation program which supports the organizations mission and objectives. The incumbent is responsible to:
Provide professional and technical guidance and subject matter leadership to organizational leadership in the design of the organization’s health and welfare benefits programs and in the selection of carriers. Incumbent is responsible to:
- Develop long-term benefit strategies with input from HR leadership for vetting and leadership consideration.
- Maintain primary relationship with benefit brokers for all lines of coverage to ensure a benefit package that is in alignment with organizational mission and values, follow benefit-related laws and regulations, are of high quality, balances benefit cost accessibility for the whole of the organization, reflect best practices and trends in the marketplace and to the extent possible meet the needs of the organization’s staff.
- Act as the internal benefit broker and maintains the primary relationship with Christian Brothers Employee Benefit Trust (CBEBT)
- As requested, prepare cost analysis for all benefit related decisions for leadership review and approval.
- Ensure that all newly established and renewal benefit contracts, addendums and carrier applications are accurate and consistent with the verbal understanding and approved benefits. Facilitate VP signature, as needed.
- Review and confirm that all plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions are completed, updated and in alignment with organizational mission/values.
- Develop appropriate employee communication strategies and tools about benefits and implements the plan with the regional HR offices.
- Continuously evaluate all benefit plans to ensure they are cost effective, competitive and meet the needs of both the organization and employees.
- Serve as a resource for escalated or complex employee benefit issues.
- In partnership with the Director of HR Technology ensure the timely completion of Non-Discrimination testing, for review and submission by the Director of HR Operations, Quality and Compliance.
Develop and prepare all aspects of the annual Open Enrollment process for implementation by the regional HR leadership. Incumbent is responsible to:
- Determine the Open Enrollment process based on renewal decisions.
- Review and ensure that all materials are accurately reflect renewal decision and are in alignment with our mission and values.
- Develop the Open Enrollment communication strategy and establish employee communication timelines.
- Procure, curate or create communication content, pre-scripted email communications, all printed and electronic education materials, (existing virtually or as part of online platforms), internal CCS benefit elections forms, etc.
- Manage and integrate the work of internal and external partners into the Open Enrollment strategy.
- Provide the necessary information, training and direction to the HR staff, regarding the Open Enrollment process and interfacing and communicating with external partners, as needed.
- Ensures the effective implementation of the annual enrollment process in conjunction with the HR Director for each region.
Maintain a thorough understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, applicable laws, and employment legislation pertaining to all personnel matters, and various federal requirements, including but not limited to Workers’ Compensation, OSHA and the Affordable Care Act. Incumbent is responsible to:
- Manage the day to day aspects of the Workers’ Compensation program.
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly reports of claims from the Third-Party Administrator.
- In conjunction with and using data analytics provided by Sedgwick and Gallagher, provide routine management and oversight of all claims, both non-litigated and litigated, maintaining the ability to effective analyses and provide reports on all aspects of the workers comp program, including but not limited to claims experience, actual and reserve cost projects, injury trends, claim open/closure ratios, etc.
- Escalate WC claim issues to the appropriate Third-Party Administrator or to immediate supervisor as needed.
- Work with regional HR Directors as it relates to the intersection of Worker Compensation, FMLA and ADA decisions.
- Ensure that the HR staff responsibilities are effectively carried out and that workplace safety issues are addressed.
- Work with the Third-Party Administrator and regional HR staff to ensure the effective completion of the OSHA 300/A for review and approval by the Director of HR Operations and Compliance.
- Ensure that all OSHA reports are disseminated and posted throughout the organization.
- At the direction of the Director of HR Operations and Compliance, complete required BLR reporting on an annual basis.
Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Managing the monthly ACA processes to ensure the highest standard of compliance, including employee classifications, data integrity reviews, compliance audits, etc.
- Work with the regional HR staff to take corrective measures, ensuring that all eligible employees have been offered and enrolled (or waived) medical benefits per ACA requirements.
- In partnership with the Director of HR Technology, ensure data integrity and accuracy within the RiskRT system, troubleshooting issues with the third party-administrator.
- Assist the Director of HR Operations, Quality and Compliance in preparation for annual 1095C reporting to the IRS and CCS/CHS’ employee population, as requested.
Money Purchase Pension and 403b Plans
- Act as the named Secretary in the Investment Policy for the MPP and 403b plans.
- Conduct review and audit of regional HR offices pension eligibility determinations prior to plan entrance dates.
- Conduct monthly review and audit for accurate plan administration related to rehires and Pension Credited Adjusted Dates.
- Assist the Director of HR Operations, Quality and Compliance with plan administration as requested.